Lord, bring Your Peace into the room as we go.
So I pray as we enter the hospice facility. Jesus can bring peace because He IS Peace! And how much darkness could be ready to rush in when souls are hanging between life and death.
For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I AM there in their midst.
Matthew 18:20 NASB
And so HE is here!
In the room a sweet, familiar voice speaks the eternal Word:
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,[c]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
Psalm 23 ESV
A nod of recognition ... of agreement.
A stronger voice follows:
I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep...
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.
I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.
John 10:11, 27-28 ESL
A weak but true response, "That sounds wonderful."
The Shepherd of Peace is here!
And I remember,
... don’t be afraid, little flock. For it gives your Father great happiness to give you the Kingdom.
Luke 12:32 NLT
Our Shepherd HIMSELF is our PEACE ... today and every day while we have life and breath.
Shepherd me, O God, beyond my wants, beyond my fears, from death into life.
1. God is my shepherd, so nothing shall I want, I rest in the meadows of faithfulness and love, I walk by the quiet waters of peace.
2. Gently you raise me and heal my weary soul, you lead me by pathwaysof righteousness and truth, my spirit shall sing the music of your Name.
3. Though I should wander the valley of death, I fear no evil, for you are at my side, your rod and your staff, my comfort and my hope.
4. You have set me a banquet of love in the face of hatred, crowning me with love beyond my pow’r to hold.
5. Surely your kindness and mercy follow me all the days of my life; I will dwell in the house of my God forevermore.