So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, for whoever has entered God's rest has also rested from his works as God did from his. Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience. Heb 4:9-11 ESV
Read Chapter 25: Entering God's Rest
1. Is your life characterized by an inner rest? What does your answer tell you about the degree to which you are trusting Christ as your life?
2. Does being at rest mean that we will cease having any soul fluctuations? Explain.
3. According to Hebrews, what is they key to entering God’s rest? What might that look like in your life? Use a specific example from your life this past week in your answer.
4. What is the prerequisite for entering God’s rest? Give some examples of how this operates in our lives.
5. What does Dan mean when he says to turn your spiritual eye inward? Is this a self focus or a God focus? Explain.
6. What role does communion with God play in experiencing God’s rest?
7. What happens to the externals on the path to God’s rest? How is God making this happen in your life now?
8. In what ways are you seeking for God to give you something beyond Himself? In what way is He insufficient for all your needs? What is God saying to you about this right now?
9. What did Barbara mean when she told Dan to only talk about the unseen? What message is there in that for us?