But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves... 2 Cor 4:7 NASB
Am I an asset or a liability to God?
Read chapter 10 and answer the following questions:
1. How does seeing ourselves as God sees us, above the line, free us to be usable assets to God?
2. In what ways are you an asset to God?
3. What are some things about your humanity that God uses as His asset in the world? What does this say about the uniqueness God has given you?
4. Name some ways that God manifested Himself through you this past week.
5. If you were to suddenly disappear, how would certain individuals miss Christ living through you?
6. What is it like for you, as the vessel, to try to become the contents of the vessel? What is that experience like in your life? Give an example from this past week.
7. How has God used your unique background, seemingly good and seemingly bad, to make you into the vessel of His choosing?
8. If you are the vessel and God is the one living through you, who is the pressure on in this Christian life – you or God? In what ways does God wants you to take the pressure off of yourself?