The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the Lord. Proverbs 16:33 ESV
How do we know the "will of God?"
Read Chapter 20: Making Decisions and answer the following:
1. Through his own personal story, how does Dan challenge the notion of trying to find “the perfect will of God”?
2. In your own life, how have you thought you missed God’s will, only to find out the route you took was the route He used for His own purposes? Give an example.
3. Look up Romans 11:33. How does the knowledge that God is in everything affect our perspective on making decisions?
4. How does living out of a sense of separation adversely affect our ability to make decisions?
5. How does living out of our union with Christ help us have confidence in making decisions?
6. What is a decision you are facing in which you are living out of a sense of separation, not union? How could that change?
7. What does it mean to “trust Him to live His life spontaneously through us?” How might that look in your life right now?
8. Think about Dan’s illustration of the baby learning to walk. In what sense is this chapter taking a long-term view of Christian growth? What does that mean for you?