Chapter 8 One Nature
I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly. Galatians 2:20-21 NASB
Am I one person or two? Have I one nature or two?
Read chapter 8 and answer the following questions:
1. What is the theological rut that most believers fall into? What negative effect does this rut have on us?
2. How does the Line help us understand our true nature?
3. What is external appearance and experience going to always tell you about your nature? How trustworthy are these indicators?
4. Of all the examples Dan uses from Scripture concerning how we can only have one nature, which one spoke to you the most? Why?
5. Is Dan teaching sinless perfection in this chapter? Why not? What is the essence of what he is saying?
6. Why is it vital to understand that we only have one true nature? What effect might believing you have two natures have on you?