But he who is joined to the Lord becomes one spirit with him. 1 Corinthians 6:17 ESV
How do we live in union?
Read Chapter 6 (the old ch 7) and answer the following:
1. What is the significance to you that you are one spirit with God?
2. What does it mean that you and He remain distinct beings, yet function as one?
3. How might knowing you are one with God affect a tendency toward self-conscious living?
4. If you are the manifestor of God’s life, not the source of it, what does that say about how God wants you to live the Christian life? Cite a specific example in your life and show how this truth would apply to it.
5. How do you try to reproduce life through your own effort, like a female without a male? What fruit does it bear? Give a specific example.
6. Think about Dan’s story on pp. 82-83 about his union with Christ and his cancer. Is there a parallel situation in your life, a difficult external circumstance? What are you tempted to think about it? What does God say about it?
7. Think about this statement: “You are dead as a point of origin. Christ in you is the point of origin. He will live the life in you as you.” What is God saying to you personally about this in your life?
8. What does this chapter imply about how God loves and cherishes you?
9. Read the next to last paragraph of the chapter. How might this be an encouragement to you?