For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4:6-7 ESV
How is God's love manifested through us?
Read Chapter 23: Poured Out and answer the following:
1. What is the difference between God’s kind of love and human love?
2. How has God’s love come to us? What does this say about how we will live out His love?
3. In what ways does the flesh deceive us into thinking that fulfilling selfish desires will bring us life? What does God say will bring us life? What is God saying to you concerning this truth now?
4. Why is it vital for us to know that Jesus is our need-meeter?
5. How does seeing ourselves as God’s asset, not His liability, release us to be poured out for others?
6. How has God individually made you as His vessel, to manifest His life to others in ways different from other believers?
7. How do Dan’s comments about operating in your own world affect the way you think about Christ living through you? In what ways have you thought differently before? How did these different views affect your Christian life?
8. As He lives through you, what is Jesus most interested in? What does God have to say to you through this truth now?
9. What does it mean to be expendable for the kingdom? How was Jesus expendable? How does God want you to be expendable?
10. In the sense that Dan uses the word, what does it mean to be an intercessor on someone’s behalf? Is there someone Jesus wants to intercede for through you?
11. Reread the last paragraph of the chapter. Why is it so important that we know we are loved?