Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. John 6:35 ESV
How can we say that Jesus is our total sufficiency?
Read chapter 16 and answer the following questions:
1. What are some ways that your soul is still hungry?
2. What does it mean that Jesus is your total spirit sufficiency in these areas (from question #1)?
3. What is the implication for your life in saying that you have all of Jesus you’ll ever have?
4. What does the statement in Question #3 not mean?
5. Are there needs in your life that you think God isn’t meeting? What are they?
6. What dangers does doubting God’s sufficiency in these areas (Question #5) open you up to?
7. Are there any areas in your life in which you feel desperate at times for an answer? Has God always provided a temporal solution? If not, what might be the reason? What specifically does He want to teach you?
8. In what ways are you inclined to live in the past or future, instead of the present? What effect does this have on you? What does God invite you to do instead?
9. What does it mean that the answer is always a Person? Apply this to some specific problem area in your life. What is God calling you to?