And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules. Ezekiel 36:26-27 ESV
Is Jesus living His life through you, or are you trying to live it with His help?
Read chapter 14 and answer the following:
1. In what ways do you live as if God does a little and you do the rest?
2. On p. 152, Dan quotes Ezekiel 36:26-27. Rewrite those verses in your own words,substituting your name in the process. What is the significance of those verses to you?
3. Reread the middle paragraph of p. 153. What does it mean for how you live that nothing has its point of origin with you?
4. Are you still trying to live a life that you were never meant to live (p. 155)? What does that look like in your life?
5. What does it take to move you from self-striving to Jesus living the life through you?
6. How is our willingness for God to live His life through us expressed? What role does reckoning play in this? What is something God wants you to start counting on each moment?
7. Review the quotes at the top of page 162. Ask God what some areas are where He wants to live through you. What must you trust Him for in each case to see that happen?
You may also like Job Descriptions