CS Lewis calls the Incarnation "The Grand Miracle."
The central miracle asserted by Christians is the Incarnation...God became Man. Every other miracle prepares for this, or exhibits this, or results from this….it was the central event in the history of the Earth–the very thing the whole story has been about. Miracles, “The Grand Miracle,” C.S. Lewis
In chapter 2 of Hebrews, we continue the thought that Jesus Christ is better than the angels...not just because He's the Son of GOD, but because He's the Son of MAN. What an incredibly important truth for fallen man!
Our destiny that was lost (Hebrews 2:5-8) is now regained in the God-Man Jesus Christ (Hebrews 2:9-18). Here are a couple suggestions for your study of this passage:
- Go through Hebrews 2:9-18 and see if you can give 5 descriptions of Jesus as our God-Man. They are listed for you below,* but why not try them on your own first.
- Spend time reflecting on how your Great High Priest has come to your aid in the past and how you need Him to come to your aid today. Praise and pray!
*Descriptions of Jesus Christ, the God-Man:
1. He is my Substitute (2:9)
2. He is my Savior (2:10-11a)
3. He is my Brother (2:11b-14a)
4. He is my Deliverer (2:14b-15)
5. He is my Helper / High Priest (2:16-18)