To him the gatekeeper opens. The sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. A stranger they will not follow, but they will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers... My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. John 10:3-5,27 ESV
How do we hear God?
Read Chapter 19: Hearing God and answer the following:
1. What does it mean to us personally that Jesus said, “My sheep hear My voice?”
2. What does it take for us to live in the reality of that statement?
3. How do we learn to hear God? Where are you in the process? How does God want you to learn to hear Him more?
4. What does hearing God have to do with Christ living in us? How has God set up the Christian life to be led by the Spirit?
5. How can we give both the written Word of God and the voice of the Spirit their rightful place in our lives?
6. How do you distinguish between the Spirit’s voice and your own thoughts?
7. What role do external results in our lives play in validating whether we heard from God?
8. What are three practical things that Dan mentions concerning hearing God? How might these work out right now in your life?