...that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death... Philippians 3: 10 ESV
How has misery been a gift from God in your life?
Read chapter 22 and answer the following:
1. How does God use misery in our lives? Give an example of how God has used misery in your life.
2. How does Genesis 50:20 apply to our lives? Is there a situation in your life right now in which you need 50:20 vision?
3. What does the story of Moses tell you personally about God’s use of misery?
4. The story of David?
5. The story of Peter?
6. In what ways are you still seeking a fix for your problems, instead of God Himself?
7. How can you look at a past episode in your life differently as a result of this chapter?
8. How can you look at a present episode differently?
9. What does God want you to trust Him for concerning the topic of this chapter?