The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is healthy, your whole body will be full of light, but if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light in you is darkness, how great is the darkness! Matthew 6:22-23 ESV
What does it mean to "see with a single eye?"
Read chapter 12 and answer the following:
1. What does it mean for us to see through a situation to God? If God has designed us to see a situation first in the natural realm, how do we cooperate with God in seeing through to His realm in the situation?
2. If God is truly sovereign and we are one with Him, what does that say about how we can look at all we encounter in life?
3. What is a past example of a situation in your life that looked bad in the natural realm but that you see in retrospect how God was working good in and through it?
4. What is a present example of a situation in your life that looks bad in the natural realm? How is God calling you to have a single eye in this situation?
5. Reread the next to last paragraph on page 134. What is the significance to you of the point Dan is making about how we receive things?
6. Is there a situation or situations in your life that you have not been willing to thank God in the midst of? What is it? Are you willing to thank Him now? What are you thanking Him for?
7. How has God used past hurts in your life to prepare you to identify with others who are hurting? Are there are circumstances in your life right now that He may be using that way? What are they?